Terms & conditions
Terms and conditions
Terms and conditions for the purchase of tickets, events and use of Bearsville Theater, Woodstock NY
The BT does its best to ensure that all the information on its website is current and accurate. However, mistakes can occur, so we would encourage anyone who may be thinking of making a special trip based on information displayed on the website to confirm that the information is correct. You can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Now for the legal information:
In these terms and conditions the following words shall have the meanings set out below:
“Confirmation” “Contract: means the confirmation email sent to you by the BT under clause 4.2.3 acknowledging your booking and setting out the details of your booking.
“E-Ticket”: means a Ticket supplied by the BT in electronic form.
“BT”: means Bearsville Theater whose registered and principal trading address
means any ticket for attending:
- a live, staged performance in the main Theater auditorium
- a live, performance in the lounge
- outside events
- live streams
- backstage tours/interviews
offered for sale by the BT or its authorised agents and any reference in these terms and conditions to a ‘performance’ shall include any of these above.
2.1. These terms and conditions relate to the purchase and supply of Tickets and the use of the BT’s website generally. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before purchasing any Tickets as by doing so, you accept that these terms and conditions will govern all Contracts.
- 2.2. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect your statutory rights.
- 2.3. These terms and conditions do not apply to any product listed for sale on the BT shop website to which separate terms and conditions apply.
3. PURCHASING TICKETS
3.1. If you make a group booking, you accept these terms and conditions on behalf of all members of the group and are responsible for all payments due from the party.
3.2. Only persons who are at least 18 years of age are permitted to book Tickets. By booking Tickets you warrant to the BT that you comply with this requirement.
3.3. If there are any changes to your details once your booking has been concluded then it is your responsibility to inform the BT. You can manage your booking by logging into your account
3.4. The BT reserves the right to place restrictions on:
- 3.4.1. the volume of any Tickets ordered;
and In addition, the BT shall be entitled to terminate Ticket sales for a performance at such time as it shall think fit (or as directed by any relevant Third Party).
3.5. It is your responsibility to check that any Tickets issued to you are accurate.
3.6. Any purchase of Tickets is only valid when processed by the BT or an agent authorised by the NT.
3.7. If you wish to transfer your Tickets into someone else’s name, you must contact the BT box office by either email or telephone at least 24 hours before the start of the performance. This facility may be refused by the BT in the case of a Third Party Event or an Outside Performance.
3.9. Except as permitted by clauses 3.7 and 3.8, your Tickets may not be transferred or resold for commercial purposes or at a premium. If a Ticket is transferred or resold in breach of this condition, the bearer of the Ticket or the person claiming the right to attend the event will be refused admission to the performance or event and any membership(s) you may have with the BT will be terminated.
3.10. The BT (or the relevant Third Party) shall be entitled to make changes as to speakers, performers, running times and such other matters as it thinks fit in the case of any event.
3.11. By purchasing a Ticket, you shall be deemed to consent to your being filmed where the event or performance is being filmed.
3.12. The BT (or the relevant Third Party) reserves the right to ask for proof of eligibility for concessions at the access points for the event or performance.
4. ADDITIONAL PROVISIONS APPLYING TO TICKETS PURCHASED ON THE BT’S WEBSITE
4.1. The website www.bearsvilletheater.com is owned and operated by BT
4.2. If you choose to purchase Tickets over the BT’s website, your Contract will be concluded as follows:
- 4.2.1. completion and submission of the Online Booking Form shall constitute an offer by you to purchase Tickets subject to these terms and conditions. You can correct any mistakes you make when filling out the Online Booking Form at any point before submitting it;
- 4.2.2. once you submit the Online Booking Form, the BT will check that you have completed all parts of the Online Booking Form and confirm that you have sufficient funds to cover the total cost of the booking. Upon confirmation of these details, the BT will then charge your credit or debit card accordingly. This in itself does not constitute acceptance of your offer
- 4.2.3. once payment has been taken, an on-screen confirmation will be displayed and the BT will send you a Confirmation as soon as possible. This Confirmation shall constitute the BT’s acceptance of your booking. A Contract will be formed once you have received the Confirmation; and
- 4.2.4. if the BT receives a prompt notification that the Confirmation was not delivered successfully, then the BT will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of its acceptance and the details of your booking by other means.
4.3. The only language available for the conclusion of a Contract online is English.
4.4. Details of all Contracts concluded online (including the method of payment but not the card details) will be kept on file by us and can be provided to you upon request.
4.5. You are entirely responsible for entering your details correctly on the Online Booking Form. By submitting an Online Booking Form you warrant to the BT that all details supplied by you are true and accurate.
4.6. You will be required to present your Paper Ticket or E-Ticket (either in printed form or on an electronic device) to gain entry to the performance, event, or outside performance.
5. PRICE AND PAYMENT
5.1. The price (including all taxes where relevant) of all Tickets are specified on the BT website. These details are based on the best available information to the BT and the BT is not obliged to conclude any Contract on these terms.
5.2. The price (including all taxes where relevant) of events booked over the phone, in person or by post are displayed on the BT’s website and/or will be provided to you at the time of booking. These details are based on the best available information to the BT and the BT is not obliged to conclude any Contract on these terms.
5.3. For bookings made online over the BT’s website, the BT accepts payment by American Express, MasterCard, Visa and PayPal.
5.4. For bookings made over the phone, via email, in person, by post or by fax the BT accepts payment by American Express, MasterCard, Visa, cheque and BACS
5.6. An E-ticket is the only method of delivery of tickets for all events currently.
5.7. If your Tickets are being paid for using a third party credit/debit card you must provide the NT with written authorisation from the card holder.
6. DELIVERY OF TICKETS
6.1. You can opt to receive your Tickets via one of the following means:
- 6.1.1. collect Paper Tickets in person from the relevant NT box office. We will not charge you for delivery if you select this option.
- 6.1.2. receive E-Tickets by electronic mail. We will not charge you for delivery if you select this option when booking Tickets.
6.2. The options for receipt of Tickets are clearly displayed on the Online Booking Form for those booking online.
6.3. If you book Tickets for a performance which is scheduled to take place within 7 days of the date of your booking being concluded, your Tickets must be collected in person or received as an E-Ticket by electronic mail.
6.4. Duplicate Tickets will not be provided in the case of loss of the originals relating to a Third Party Event.
7. REFUND AND EXCHANGE POLICY FOR TICKETS
7.1. Subject to clauses 7.2, 7.3, 7.5 and 8, the BT will not refund your Tickets after purchase.
7.2. Where the BT or the relevant Third Party is unable to perform a Contract on the date(s) agreed because the performance in question is no longer available or viable, or is abandoned when less than half the performance has taken place, the BT will refund to you the face value of the Tickets purchased (excluding any delivery charges).
7.3. Where a performance has been cancelled or abandoned when more than half of the performance has taken place the BT may, in its discretion (and provided any relevant Third Party agrees), refund to you the face value of the Tickets purchased (excluding any delivery charges).
7.4. For all performances and events Tickets may be exchanged for later performances (subject to availability) or credit vouchers provided you notify the BT at least 24 hours before the performance is due to take place (or at least 7 days before the performance is due to take place for group bookings). E-Tickets will be void once they have been exchanged or refunded. An additional per Ticket handling charge of $5 will be payable by you for this service.
7.7. NT will issue a refund to you using the same method of payment that you used to purchase the Tickets.
8• REFUND AND EXCHANGE POLICY FOR LEARNING EVENTS
Where the BT is unable to perform a Contract on the date(s) agreed because the event is no longer available or must be abandoned (including where there are an insufficient number of participants), the BT will inform you of this and issue you with a full refund (excluding any delivery charges and ancillary expenditure incurred by you) as soon as possible.
All Tickets and Learning Events are sold subject to the BT’s right to make any alterations in the line ups or programme details advertised on the BT’s website or other appropriate location.
10• LIABILITIES OF THE BT
10.1. Subject to clause 10.3 below, the NT (or any relevant Third Party) will only be liable to you for direct and foreseeable losses arising as a result of:
- 10.1.1. a breach of these terms and conditions; or
- 10.1.2. any negligent act arising under or in connection with the Contract.
10.2. The BT’s (or the relevant third Party’s) total liability under clause 10.1 above shall be limited to the total face value of the Tickets purchased.
10.3. Nothing in this clause 10 excludes or limits liability for death, personal injury or fraud.
10.4. The NT (or any relevant Third Party) will not be liable in any way if it is prevented from performing its obligations under or arising from any Contract due to any factors which are beyond its reasonable control. Without limiting the foregoing, the following shall be regarded as causes beyond its reasonable control:
- 10.4.1. acts of god, which include earthquakes, cyclones, storms, flooding, fire, disease, fog, snow or frost;
- 10.4.2. force majeure which includes war, accidents, acts of public enemies, strikes, embargoes, perils of the air, local disputes and civil commotions;
- 10.4.3. power failure and failure of sound or lighting equipment.
10.5. The BT will not be liable for any losses incurred by you in connection with your use of the BT’s website, for any delay in using or your inability to use the website, for any information or Tickets obtained through the website or for any material posted to the website by the NT or by users of the website.
11• CODE OF PRACTICE
The NT is a member of STAR (Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers). STAR’s code of practice can be accessed in English by clicking on the following link https://www.star.org.uk/wp-content/pdfs/STAR_Code_Of_Practice.pdf
12• WEBSITE USE
• 12.1. The BT’s website is for your own personal and non-commercial use. You may not modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, create derivative works from, transfer or sell any information obtained from the BT’s website.
• 12.2. The contents of the BT’s website, including any software, are protected by intellectual property rights and other related rights. No part of the BT’s website may be reproduced in any form (electronically or otherwise) without the prior consent of the NT, other than temporarily in the course of using the BT’s booking service or as permitted by law.
• 12.3. You are not permitted to link to or use all or any part of the BT’s website for any purpose which is unlawful, defamatory, harmful, obscene or objectionable.
• 12.4. You are not permitted to transmit anything which, in the BT’s opinion, harms the NT’s business or in any way offends other users or persons.
• 12.5. You are not permitted to alter the BT’s website in any way.
• 12.6. You must not post onto or transmit to the BT’s website any material containing software viruses or files which may damage or disrupt the good working order of computer or telecommunications equipment.
• 12.7. The BT reserves the right to refuse to post onto or remove anything from its website which, in the BT’s opinion, is objectionable or does not comply with these terms and conditions. The BT shall not in any way be liable for such actions.
• 12.8. The BT may record, preserve, trace and disclose anything which has been transmitted to, from or via the BT’s website where required by law or where the BT is acting in good faith.
• 12.9. If you create, or are provided with, a username, password or any other piece of information as part of the BT’s security procedures, you must treat this information as confidential. In particular, you must not disclose this information to any third party.
13. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
The BT’s website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by parties other than the BT. The operation of such websites is outside the BT’s control and you proceed at your own risk. The NT does not endorse or sponsor and is not liable for the products, services or content you access through any linked site.
14• DATA PROTECTION
15• CONTACT AND COMPLAINTS
If you need to contact the BT, or if you wish to complain about your experience purchasing Tickets or using the BT’s website, you can do so using any of the following methods: • email: email@example.com telephone: +1 845-679-4406
16• ENTIRE AGREEMENT
All the terms of any Contract are contained or are referred to within these terms and conditions.
If any part of these terms and conditions is held to be unenforceable this will not affect the enforceability of the remaining provisions.
18• SAFETY AND ENJOYMENT
• 18.1. The BT (or the relevant Third Party) reserves the right to refuse admission and may request any Ticket holders to leave (taking any such appropriate action which may be necessary to enforce this right) before or during performances if it considers it to be necessary or desirable to do so. The BT (or the relevant Third Party) may also, on certain occasions, have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of its patrons.
• 18.2. Latecomers may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance or Learning Event before being admitted to the auditorium or other venue.
• 18.3. Large bags (measuring over 40cm x 30cm x 15cm) must be left in the cloakroom. The BT (or the relevant Third Party) may have to conduct security searches of bags. If you do not permit a search to be undertaken, you will not be admitted to the building, performance or Learning event.
• 18.4. Cans or glass containers may not be brought into the auditorium.
• 18.5. Cell phones and other electronic equipment must be switched off (not silenced) before entering the auditorium.
• 18.6. To be admitted you must be in possession of a valid Ticket.
• 18.7. Unless a performance is expressly stated to permit entry to children under the age of 16, children under the age of 16 are not permitted to enter the auditoriums but are welcome in the foyers.
• 18.8. Please note that strobe lighting and smoke effects are sometimes used in productions.
• 18.9. The BT and any authorised third parties may carry out general filming and sound recording in or about the venue. By purchasing Tickets you consent to you and your party being included in and to the commercial exploitation of such films and recordings without payment.
19• THIRD PARTIES
Nothing contained in any Contract is intended to be enforceable pursuant to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 by any third party.
20• GOVERNING LAW
These terms and conditions and any Contract concluded incorporating these terms and conditions shall be governed by US law and all disputes shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the US courts.